Saturday, October 11, 2014
Accepting God's Invitation
Tonight I went to mass per usual for my Saturday nights and I am so glad I went. Father Carlson, one of my favorite Jesuits said the mass and he had quite a compelling homily. He talked about accepting God's invitation in our life. As I live in my senior year and am trying to be thoughtful, this was precisely what I needed to hear. I may think I know what God wants me to do, but sometimes I am wrong and sometimes I need to listen a little more closely - even if it scares me. Though I may not know exactly what God wants me to do or what God's invitation is for me, Father Carlson reminded me to be willing to accept that invitation regardless of what it is. When I become anxious (which is often) it calms me to know that trusting in God will lead me in the right direction. Father Carlson spoke to exactly what I needed to hear. For that I am grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment