This semester has been a bit of an odd one for me. For a while I was not feeling quite like myself and it took a trip halfway across the country for me to figure it out.
About a week and a half ago, I was able to enjoy the privilege of presenting my research at the Society for Applied Anthropology meeting in Pittsburgh. Though my presentation was one small part of a massive conference, I felt very alive the entire weekend. I was surrounded by like-minded individuals who renewed my faith in my abilities as a student and as a human being. I was able to see the vast array of opportunities within Anthropology and beyond while being surrounded by individuals at all points of their Anthropology journey from undergraduate students like myself to Merrill Singer, an Anthropological celebrity. I entered this trip thinking it would be a "good experience" and a "learning opportunity" but for me it amounted to so much more and I am so glad that I went.
 |
| SETH HOLMES - fan-girling |
 |
| My research. |
 |
| Augusta's research |
Easter was also quite interesting. I learned what it was like being a single child - which I have no desire to do again - but I was also able to consider some interesting topics. One major part of Easter weekend in the Christian faith is renewing one's baptismal vows. I had never paid all that much attention to it before, but this year I decided to really listen. Afterwards, I felt compelled to consider what other promises I have made myself and to renew those as well. A few are listed here:
- Take care of your health - run, yoga, meditate, bike, hike, lift, eat healthily - your body is your mechanism of achieving dreams and helping others.
- Pray intentionally.
- Practice vegetarianism.
- Practice forgiveness.
- Have an attitude of gratitude - think of a handful of things you are grateful for everyday.
- Honor commitments.
- Sleep.
- Practice patience.
- Release anger.
- Listen for God's call and respond passionately and dutifully.
These are just a few, but are food for thought as well. I feel at peace and am enjoying this present moment.
 |
| My one picture from Easter |
No comments:
Post a Comment