While the business of this past week was at best draining, and I won't lie, I cried in my professors office (embarrassing right?), I cannot help, but be grateful for these opportunities and the friends that I have to support me throughout. I am so so lucky to be able to get a university education. Only one percent of the world's population of the world is able to attain an education from a university and I am fortunate enough to attend a university that exposes me to a rigorous course load. I am lucky to have professors who push me and believe that I can be successful. I am lucky to have numerous leadership positions and membership positions in organizations around campus. I am lucky to have friends and family members who constantly call or text me because they want to see me. Yes, I have put in an insurmountable amount of work and am truly dedicated, but my privilege is what opened up these doors and I cannot overlook that. While I am overwhelmed by the demands in my life, I am so grateful that I have been chosen to fulfill those duties.
I am also incredibly thankful for my friends who have been helping me and have never left my side along the way. Last semester, when I went through a pretty heart wrenching break up, I was able to fall on my Kappa sisters for support. And when I say fall, I mean it quite literally. I cannot count the number of times one of my sisters crawled in my bed or let me crash in their rooms for support on one hand. Ever since then, there has been a core group of about eight of us that do everything together. We share secrets and heart aches, but also laughs and each others accomplishments and I cannot thank them enough for that. This past weekend on Halloween, we were all together and I found myself feeling so incredibly happy. We were dancing to Taylor Swift's Shake it Off and I was able to look around and see how much we have become a true family. Naturally we then all got emotional about graduating and knowing that this group is not invincible, but I know these are my friends for life.
Through the trials and tribulations of growing up, I have always heard that you will find your people. I have found my people and though life is stressful, I know it will be okay.



No comments:
Post a Comment