Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Semi-Formalities and The Beginning of the End

To be quite honest, there is not too much to report from the past week. The year is winding down meaning that projects and papers and assignments are piling up. Seeing as this is my fourth (or seventh if you count semesterly) time doing this, you would expect that I am used to the workload, but I still find myself staying up until 3am and waking up at 7am regularly to complete assignments. I guess I don't mind it though because I still find myself prioritizing time with friends over schoolwork which shows that I am not too concerned.

One thing that I am beginning to notice is that the beginning of the end of my time in college is really starting to being. This weekend was a weekend of lasts and while I enjoyed my time, I found myself becoming sentimental. Saturday was a wild day. I was on duty the night prior and had to be up at 7 to do Day of Formation for the service trip coordinators. This day of formation was my last day of formation. I enjoyed spending the day with my peers and teaching them how to facilitate the different aspects of our program, but I found myself becoming rather reflective. As I looked around the room at the sophomores and juniors, I found comfort because I know that we are leaving the program in capable hands, but I also felt strange knowing that my involvement in the program is about to be over.

Immediately after Day of Formation, I went over to my friends apartment to get ready for my final semi-formal with Kappa and my final social event with my little who is studying abroad in the spring. For whatever reason, I much prefer semi-formal and formal to the date parties in Kappa. Perhaps its because I really enjoy wearing fancy dresses, but who knows. I was able to spend my night dancing with my closest friends and some new friends. A few things went awry meaning that one of my friends who is the president was unable to spend a lot of time with us. This lead us to going out after semi which was a blast.

Though I am currently managing emotions about the end of so many things, there are also many wonderful things that are just beginning. As for details on that... you will have to wait for a later post ;)
The only picture I have from the events


No comments:

Post a Comment