Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feeling Selfish

This week I have been spending a lot of time reflection on how I spend my time. If you look at my calendar, nearly every weekend has some sort of commitment all the way through graduation, and it is only February. On campus, I am involved in only a few things, but they are things that take a lot of time. My courses are very involved this semester, but that is what comes with taking 2 capstone courses. Needless to say, I am overbooked, yet again, when I thought I was not going to be. I love everything I am doing, but I am beginning to feel drained. Also, my involvements are negatively impacting my relationships with people that I care about which is something that is very upsetting to me. Ultimately, I feel selfish. I don't think it is acceptable that I can run and do all of what is important to me to the point that I cannot be there for people that care about me and people that I care about. Relationships are two way streets and I need to do my part. I am ultimately searching for balance and hopefully I can find it before I lose more relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment