Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Desk, Gym, Nap, DJs, Repeat.

Now with finals being over and thoughts of second semester senior looming, I am in the midst of my last undergraduate winter break. In past years, this would mean bouncing from work to friends to my house to exploring Omaha, but that is not the case for this break. Currently, all of my high school friends, college friends, and other significant people are out of town visiting family and friends meaning that the only things I have been doing are working, hanging out with my family, and running and I couldn't be happier. After the busiest (but arguably second best (after study abroad)) semester of my life, I need some time to recharge.

One semi-exciting thing that I have been able to do is work on post-graduate service applications. The fact that I had not started them was giving me a lot of anxiety over the semester so now that I am able to work on them, I am relieved and I find myself reflecting on moments of my life that I had not thought about in a long time.

This is a short update, but with Christmas, New Years, and a trip to Chicago coming up, I am sure that there will be more.

Also, read the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed if you get the chance. It is beautifully written and has been wonderful to read the past few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment