Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finals and Role Models

Well as I am sure some have noticed (Gina) I haven't posted in a minute, but that is mostly because I haven't felt much inspiration for a post. The past few weeks have felt rather routine which has been welcomed due to certain stresses that I have been feeling. It is finals week and though I have more work than I think I have ever had in the past, I cannot get myself to really worry about it. Everything will be completed in due time and the semester will be over and all will be well. Though I appreciate this perspective, I think I could be working more diligently in certain areas, but that is just a lesson I can learn for the future.

Missing this day with the best seester :)
Not to bring anyone's mood down, but currently I am feeling slightly insecure and my confidence has been shaken. Due dates for post-grad service applications are fast approaching, but I cannot get myself to sit down and start working on them and my job performance has recently been called into question. Some of my own personal insecurities were highlighted and that was challenging, but I am taking it in as a learning experience. I think I just need some time at home. I haven't spent quality time with my siblings since August because of work and traveling and more than anything I think we just need a family night at home.



I also need to sit down and just talk through everything with my grandma. For those of you who are close to me, you know that my grandma is my absolute favorite person in the world and my biggest role model. Though we disagree on nearly everything, we are still able to have respectful, loving conversations about things that we care for. I have so much respect for her based on everything she does for her. Though my grandma is 80 years old (as of yesterday!), she is still constantly running around town to care for her friends, family, and people she does not even know. If there is a need in the community, she does what she can to fix it. She has taught me what it means to be selfless and compassionate while staying true to yourself and I could not thank her enough for that.


The one and only :)
What I look forward to most with winter break approaching is getting to spend time with my grandma, my siblings, and re-centering myself. It is so easy to get lost in school, work, and the pressure to be perfect so, as cheesy as it sounds, going home and spending time with the people that mean the most to me is going to be welcomed. Hopefully while I am there, I will be able to kick this weird mood that has overcome me, but until then, I shall study.

No comments:

Post a Comment