Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Last Day Being Underage

I suppose this title is just me advertising to the world yet again that tomorrow is my 21st birthday. Other than that, the title is pretty arbitrary because if my day goes as planned it will be pretty uneventful.

So anyway, to the content, this past week feels like it was pretty standard, but in reality, it was not. On Wednesday of last week, my little and I spontaneously decided to go to the Husker game against McNeese St. I am so glad that we made that decision because last week was rather challenging in terms of balancing school, work life, and my social life. I want to be on point in class, but that is difficult when you miss your first writing assignment (which I did). Anyway, come the weekend, I was in need of a break. Again.

Vegetarian Chili
Friday night, I was very fortunate to spend a large chunk of time with individuals who work in the Creighton Center for Service and Justice (CCSJ). This office has been an integral part of my experience at Creighton and spending time with the people who work there is always something I look forward to and crave. Ken, the director, was kind enough to invite everyone over for some home cooked food and community. My dad was even able to meet my coworkers which I never expected to happen. Later that night I picked up my bike so now I finally have some transportation and it is sustainable which is a win-win. All of this being said, my favorite part of Friday night was being able to hang out with some residents and eat pancakes. Up until that moment, I had only spent significant time with residents in mandatory meetings which is something I was not happy about. Finally being able to see them outside of that setting and be a bit more human was welcomed.



Saturday I attended my first ever Husker football game. Sounds exciting, but when I told people this, they looked shocked and disappointed because I am a Nebraska native and to not have attended a Husker game by then was embarrassing. It was an interesting situation because the game was an 11:30 game meaning that tail-gating began at 8am. So, I found myself at a UNL Pike party at 10am meaning my first Lincoln frat party happened at 10am. Then we watched the game which was much much closer than it should have been. To be honest though, I didn't mind because I got to see a really exciting game for less than thirty dollars. I now understand why people love Husker football. The energy is like something I have never experienced before and could make anyone happy.




So after the weekend ended, I fell back into the normal routine of duty, classes, and meetings. Its gucci though because starting tomorrow, I am a legal woman and fun times are to be had ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment