Monday, September 1, 2014

The First Two Weeks

As I sit here and begin this blog to document my senior year of college, it is already crazy to me that I have been moved into my dorm room for two weeks. Though I have only had two actual days of class, it has been a whirlwind of  a first two weeks. For those of you who don't know I am a house advisor (glorified second year RA) and on the leadership team for Creighton's service and justice trip program. Because of these commitments, it seems like I have been running from meeting to class to meeting for the past couple of weeks. Occasionally I get to consider eating or sleeping or running, you know, the necessities. While I have constantly felt, I am in love with the organizations I work with at Creighton and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities they have given me. That being said, by last Friday, I was in desperate need of some sleep, sun, and a break. Thankfully, I signed up for the Fall Adventure Retreat through Creighton's campus ministry. Essentially, I was able to go on a four day camping trip in the beautiful black hills of South Dakota with some of my best friends while getting to know new friends as well. I was nervous to leave my residents for the first weekend of school, but I have no regrets for leaving.





Because I was on a retreat, I spent a great amount of time reflecting on my relationship with God. As a senior, it is amazing to see the intense transformation in my relationship with God. As a first year student, God was a distant figure that did not really have any place in my life, and now as a senior, God is my greatest companion and the one who drives my life. I felt His presence at every moment throughout the retreat and currently feel him with me as I prepare for the year ahead. While I signed up to attend the Fall Adventure retreat because it included hiking, biking, and camping (some of my favorite activities), I left with a sense of peace and a clearer understanding of my position in life. I also left with a sunburn and greasy hair from not showering for 4 days, but those are just details.




On the retreat, I realized my own personal need for reflection which is why I started this blog. Reflecting on my senior year will allow me to live through it more purposefully, and hopefully more joyfully.

I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment