Monday, January 26, 2015

Meditation and Mission Statements

This past year, I have been very fortunate to work in one of the best offices on Creighton's camps, the Creighton Center for Service and Justice. Those who lead the work and service completed in the office truly care about its employees and volunteers.

This care was exemplified in our winter retreat this past weekend. Though the retreat was short, I really enjoyed the numerous meditative experiences and the assistance in writing my own personal mission statement. When I was told I would have to write a mission statement, I became very anxious. I had never written one before and the examples that were read aloud to us were well-crafted.

Thankfully we were given some guidance and steps to follow and I think I came up with something that is not too shabby:

While my own personal mission statement will always be a work in progress, I think having one to start with is helpful. It is also great to reflect upon as my intention to start my day. Sometimes I tend to focus on the negative and knowing my own mission statement allows me to reframe my perspective.

Today and everyday I am thankful for the CCSJ for opportunities like this and for inspiring me to be my best self.

Also, shout out to Anna for being an awesome running partner and Trent for surprise pizza. You are both the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment